Saturday, December 17, 2016

...So We Got One Of Those Inflatable Christmas Yard Decorations


I see them all over, more this year than ever. Then again, maybe I just have noticed them more. This morning my wife and I were picking up some ice melter, so naturally, we bought a big inflatable yard decoration. Now we're one of "those families."

There's a lot of different big inflatable yard decorations to buy, reindeer, snowmen, sleighs, Santas, snow globes, I even saw a red bi-plane with a rotating propeller. But when I saw the inflatable nativity scene, I thought, "that's the one." We brought it home and set it up, plugged it in and watched it rise into the sky (it's seven feet tall...).


It was then I turned to my wife and asked, "So, you think the neighbors will like our big inflatable nativity scene rising seven feet tall, especially the ones trying to sell their homes?"

"Ah, maybe not."

There are eight homes on our street. A quarter of them are currently for sale. I'm sure potential buyers check out the homes and the yards and the cars as they drive down our little street. I know I would if I were considering buying a house in the neighborhood. So, if they drive by our house, will a big inflatable nativity scene be a positive, or a negative?

We bought one and set it up today. I know many people buy a lot of them, sort of like a collection. I hope we don't do that. I'd like to just have the one, and of all the ones to choose, I think something showing a simple family celebrating the birth of a child is the best. It's really the only thing we need to have in our yard. For our little family at our little house, it's just perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment