Monday, December 12, 2022

AI Art...It's The Future


 If you spend any time on social media, you may have seen artwork created not by a human, well...at least not directly, but by a computer. These Artificial Intelligence-generated artwork can be found at many site--the good ones cost money. The not-as-good ones do not.

I have a story that's close to being done. It's about a demon hunter in the time of Christ. I thought it would be cool to see if these free sites could generate some artwork to accompany the story. Here are a few examples. I entered the prompt: Bible Warrior. You can see they're not to the level I would use in my story...

But, it's a start.

We're in the infancy when it comes to this technology, at least, for the novice user like myself. Considering how amazingly quick technology changes nowadays, I expect in no time even us casual users will be able to generate amazing renditions for projects like providing artwork for a novel, for example.

As with all things, there's a downside, especially if you're an artist who makes a living producing art the old fashioned way--through hard work. I can see a future where (hopefully...) people will pay a premium for human-created art. As with all things, time will tell.

Still, it's going to be a fun ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment