Monday, December 26, 2022

Pulling My Weight...Something I Should Have Done Decades Ago


 Every night I see the same thing...of course, the past couple of days there have been more items in the sinks than usual, but the view from above looks down on dirty dishes. 

And they're my responsibility.

And I'm totally fine with it.

You see, my wife has made tens of thousands of meals for our family since we were married over thirty years ago. It's not always been easy--doing something multiple times day after day, week after week, year after year can be a pain in the neck. Yet, she's continued making meals for us and she is a wonderful cook--top rate. For the past several years, I've done the dishes, almost exclusively. 

I know I did the dishes before, but it was more on a "take turns" basis, which was never really fair because my wife made the meals, then many times did the dishes.

Not cool.

I don't know why it took me so long to just "man-up" and do the dishes every time. I can tell you that ever since I've been pulling my weight, the dishes have been done almost every night. Gone are the days where stacks of dishes accumulated in the sinks until finally someone caved.

I know that in order for people to stay together, they have to work things out between them--either spoken or unspoken...guaranteed. Like I said, I should have figured this out years ago. 



No comments:

Post a Comment