Sunday, December 18, 2022

Give Thanks...For Good Neighbors


 Like almost everyone in the state where we live, we got snow this past week...not as much as some, but more than others. It's interesting how something like a snowstorm affects people. After one storm, I took a break from work and shoveled our driveway (off the clock, of course...), then went back to the grind.

That's when I saw our neighbor and his show blower...

Removing snow not at his house.

I live in a fairly typical neighborhood. Everyone sort of takes care of themselves. It seems every home has a snow blower sufficient for their needs. When storms hit, we all emerge from the warmth of our houses and remove the snow. Then, we go back inside where it's warm and dry. But, some will look around and see if there's a driveway and sidewalk where the snow remains.

Then, they take action.

I've been told, and I do believe, that if you're down and you want to feel better, so service. Do something for someone else...something not expected, something you don't have to do. Even if the recipient doesn't know what you've done, you know and the universe knows and you're blessed for it.

I'm grateful for neighbors who I know will help if needs be. I hope I can be that kind of neighbor. I'm trying harder and harder to become one.

No comments:

Post a Comment