Wednesday, December 21, 2022

"Little Boiler Girl"...To Celebrate The Winter Solstice Check Out My Winter Story In "Mechanized Masterpieces"


 Okay, the anthology is not winter-centric, but there's one story in Mechanized Masterpieces, A Steampunk Anthology that is set in the winter and since today is the Winter Solstice, I thought I'd re-introduce you to this gem...

Plus, it's my first published work.

This book came out in the Spring of 2013, almost ten years ago. I can't tell you how excited I was to see my name on the cover of a book. Even now, almost a decade later, I love that cover, and what's perhaps more important, I'm proud of my contribution to the anthology.

The genius idea behind the anthology is to take classic British stories--either the characters or plot or both--and create as shot story that incorporates the Steampunk genre. My story, Little Boiler Girl, focused on Hans Christian Andersen's The Little Match Girl. If you'd like to get your own copy of this fine collection, just click: HERE. I'd love to know what you think of it.

The story won't warm you up on a cold winter night, but on this day that has the shortest amount of daylight all year, what better way to curl up with an amazing collection of Steampunk stories with a fire burning in the fireplace, a cat in your lap, and a cup of hot cocoa to take advantage of all the long darkened hours.

Plus, it's a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment