Monday, December 19, 2022

If I Had A Business, How Would I Decorate...?


 Driving around, you see Christmas decorations everywhere...even inside (especially inside...) businesses. Personally, I love seeing it. I do live in a rural area so maybe things aren't like this in bigger cities. When I did live in a higher populated area, all the businesses seemed to decorate for Christmas--perhaps they still do.

Last week I found myself in a local gas station. In the center of their lobby sat a fully-decorated Christmas tree complete with tires used as Christmas tree stands. The tree was adorned with things found in your average mechanic's shop. It was marvelous. There were hubcaps, tachometers, speedometers, gas caps, snow squeegees, spark plugs, small can of 3 and 1 oil, even a couple of tire gauges. 

Fun.

It made me wonder...if I owned a business, how would I decorate the tree?

I suppose, I do have a business. Authors are not just authors, they're also business owners. If I were more involved in the writing world, maybe I would decorate a tree in my office. I could hang pens, a big cinderblock (to represent writer's block...), and several rejection letters could add that special something every Christmas tree should have.

So, business owners, if you do put up a Christmas tree at your place of business, do you personalize your tree? I'd be interested to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment