Sunday, October 13, 2019

The Moon At The End Of The Road...


The text message came in yesterday afternoon. It was a simple request, can you attend our early-morning meeting before church tomorrow?

Even though I was in the middle of an eight-hour work day at my Halloween gig and that I would be getting hime around 11pm, I agreed to go. It was only an hour-long meeting and I could get some sleep this weekend--it's a long weekend for me. But, it was tough getting up after that alarm went off this morning.

I got dressed and found my way to the car. It wasn't until I turned onto State Street that I saw it, a huge full moon hovering over the island. I knew I had to get a picture of it.

I knew something else as well. I knew the picture wouldn't even come close to the amazing sight I was privileged enough to see. If I had my Nikon and a tripod to set up the shot, maybe. With my little phone--no way. I took the pictures anyway, not necessarily to try and show you, my loyal blog readers, the beauty of the morning view, but as a reminder to me that sometimes agreeing to attend an early-morning church meeting can pay dividends other than helping someone out.

It can mean taking a turn and seeing an autumn moon descend into the a western morning sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment