Tuesday, June 29, 2021

That Time I Saw An Amphibious VW...


 On occasion, I'll find myself browsing the pictures and stories of Instagram. I'm not as much an active participant, but rather an observer. I have a couple of topics I follow...University of Utah and their various sports programs being one of them.

Another topic I enjoy...is following sites dedicated to the appreciation of classic Volkswagens. 

A wonderful site I follow is: oldvwclub.

Yesterday, they posted a video from Germany, a video of VW amphibious vehicles from the 1930s or 1940s.

They were beautiful.

It reminded me that in the summer of 1985, I too ran into an example of this fine vehicle. I was in Denmark at the time, and I happened to snap a couple of pictures. They're not the best pictures...sort of mid-ish/late-ish Twentieth Century photo quality. If you're on Instagram and want to check out the video, click: HERE. If you like classic VWs, you might want to give them a follow. All the captions are in a different language, but I don't care...they're special cars.

Even the ones that drive on the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment