Tuesday, June 8, 2021

The First Rose...


 My wife spotted them first, two rose bush starters at Costco...not necessarily known for its vegetation. Maybe it is for some, but when I think "Costco," I'm usually not thinking about plants.

But there they were.

And later, they were planted in front of our porch.

Yesterday, I snapped a picture of our first rose bud.

If you've read previous blogs, you know me and yard work don't mix. I am, however, finding myself doing more yard work this spring than I have possibly ever done before in my life. Okay...that may be an exaggeration, but it sure feels that way.

I'm never sure if what we plant is going to survive. The first fruit tree we planted didn't. Then again, we've learned a lot since then. We planted three more trees and they seem to be doing well--I mean, they're still alive after a few months, so I'd say they're doing well (much better than the first tree...).

We have plans for more, more trees, more plants, more flowers. It's only our first spring here. Hopefully, as time goes on, we'll get more green at the Eggnog House.

No comments:

Post a Comment