Thursday, April 13, 2023

When You Post A Timely Photo...


 Last week I needed to post a picture for my "Pic Of The Day." I could have gone outside and taken yet another photo of the incredible amounts of snow we've received this winter and spring. Instead, an idea came to me. I went downstairs to our bookshelves, did a little searching, and found what I was looking for...

Laura Ingalls Wilder's classic, The Long Winter.

I thought it was funny, so I posted it.

It was, in a word, a hit.

I read these books when I was in elementary school. We've read them in our homeschool to all our kids as they grew up. The stories hold a special place in my heart and I hope kids and adults alike will continue reading these books for generations to come.

It seems many others remember the books, too. The posted photo generated many responses...likes, laughs, and several commented that they remembered the series, and The Long Winter in particular. The fact that we have been experiencing our own long winter added to the timely photo.

This morning, we got another couple of inches of snow. Then the sun came out and all that snow is gone, as is (hopefully...) any new snow until next fall. I'd like to say I believe this was the last snowstorm of the year.

That's what I said during the last storm, and the storm before that...

And the storm before that.

One of these times, that statement will be true. Who knows...maybe someone will write a book about our long winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment