Saturday, April 15, 2023

These Suckers...Are Evil


 I swung by Costco this morning and picked up two packages of candy. I needed candy to lure potential customers to my book booth at a book fair I attended today. With other authors all vying for the limited buying pool, I needed an edge...something irresistible...something like...

Ghirardelli chocolate.

Yes, they were for last week's Easter, but six-day old chocolate is not a deterrent in my book. I've eaten chocolate much older than six days.

So, why call it evil? I mean, it's just a bewitching combination of ingredients in proper amounts that when added together created an almost hypnotic concoction...something you cannot resist, cannot control. Of course, I'm talking about myself here, but from the reactions of my children, I'm not the only one (maybe it's a genetic anomaly...) that's loves the stuff.

At the book fair I placed the candies strategically in front of the books and like pollen to a bee, it drew them in. Now, I'm not saying the candies was the main reason for my success, but I'm also not saying it, either.

In many ways I'm happy Easter Candy is only available four months out of the year...it's already evil. Why make it more dangerous?

No comments:

Post a Comment