Monday, April 24, 2023

Writers Cantina Presenter Spotlight: Steve Diamond...Honestly, Great


 Steve Diamond has been announced as a presenter for the Writers Cantina Writing Convention taking place exactly seventy-five days from today on July 8th.

Believe me...if you're into horror writing and how to do it well, Steve is one presenter you won't want to miss.

Steve's literary stock is rising with current and future projects on many bestseller lists. What makes Steve so successful is he's put in the work. I first met Steve when, in addition to his writings, he was a much sought-after reviewer. I asked if he'd review my book and he said he would, but he gave me a warning. He told me that if my novel was chosen, I'd better be prepared for an honest review, and not just honest, but brutally honest. He told me that good reviews from him can very much help a book, but the opposite an be said if they find my words less than adequate.

I ended up passing on the review, not because his words scared me. It's just something I didn't do. Even thought I didn't know Steve well at all, that little conversation told me one thing--he is honest. What you get from Steve is the real article. He is who is says he is, no matter the consequences.

This is not only a fantastic trait for a reviewer, but for an author as well. 

Check out Steve at the Writers Cantina website by clicking: HERE, and Steve's page specifically by clicking: HERE. Steve and the other presenters are well worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment