Tuesday, April 11, 2023

Did We Just Buy A Really Heavy Coatrack...?


 We pulled the trigger on an exercise system. As you can see, it was not the most expensive one available on the used exercise equipment market. That was a huge selling point in our decision. That, and the fact that the seller was located in an obscure little northern Utah town.

Over the weekend, my son and I climbed into the van, drove the half hour to our destination, and loaded it up. Now it's set up in our garage/home gym. The one-hundred thousand dollar question is...

Will it get used?

And if it does, will it get used in the manner for which it was designed?

We've had a home gym set up for a couple of years. We decided to not sell our treadmill when we moved and we brought it along. We found a free stationary bike on the side of the road and we bought an elliptical machine. Part of my daily work routine is to take a break and use the equipment. And, had I not stepped on the power cord of the elliptical machine, I'd continue to use all three.

One thing we didn't have was a weight system. Granted, the elastic system we bought is not optimum, but it's something. Since we moved it into place, I've used it twice, yesterday and today. I only used one of the systems. I'm glad to say it wore me out a little, which is the only reason to have these machines in the first place.

There are days that I don't make it to the gym. Sometimes we have staff meetings during the time I usually work out, and now that summer's inching closer, I can only work out in the mornings because it gets too hot otherwise.

So far, so good. So far, the machines are being used for exercise and not a place to hang clothing. We'll just have to keep it that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment