Wednesday, April 26, 2023

Good Product...A Little Extra Information Would Have Been Nice


 The process turned out to be anything but simple. And it's not done yet. 

If only...

Several months ago I bought a small trailer that was once the back end of a Datsun pick-up truck. The problem--none of our cars could tow it. I installed a hitch on the back of Donk, the Subaru and was able to bring it home. When you add an aftermarket hitch to a car, you need to figure out how to make the trailer legal, or in other words, how to add working break lights and turn signals.

I thought it would be an easy, and maybe it would have been (easier...) if only I could have seen a small bit of information that appeared on the package I ordered through Amazon. Unfortunately, the dates of the automobile years and models for which this product was no where on the Amazon webpage.

A little extra information would have been nice.

I don't understand why it was missing on the website. I'm sure I'm not the only one who ordered the wrong part. I re-checked the website after finding out it wouldn't work and couldn't see anywhere it was made for a 2010 Subaru Forester. It would work for '98 to '08 models, but not mine. I've often wondered how much returned products cost companies, especially with clothes. For me, I need to try stuff on. Even if things fit, you may not like the look of them. It's why I've thought internet shopping would never fully solve all problems, even though it's getting close.

Thankfully, the return process for returning the product is smooth. I just take it to a UPS Store and they'll send it right back. I've already ordered a new part and I made sure it covers the 2010 Subaru Forester. 

At least, I think it does...I won't know for sure until the earliest date of May 2nd.

No comments:

Post a Comment