Thursday, May 4, 2023

Writers Cantina Presenter Spotlight: Jay Barnson...Gentleman, Author


 Jay Barnson is an author and computer programmer and another featured presenter at this year's Writers Cantina Writing Convention taking place on July 8, 2023 in West Valley City, Utah...exactly sixty-five days from today.

He's also a great guy.

I remember first meeting Jay at a steampunk convention almost ten years ago. I was attending my very first event--even got to participate on a panel. I was there trying to sell books, specifically my first published work, a short story in a steampunk anthology called, Mechanized Masterpieces.  My Story, Little Boiler Girl changed my life.

The table was set up and Jay stopped by along with his family. They were all decked out in awesome steampunk garb...they cosplayed and did a wonderful job at it, too. I remember talking to him about the publisher and how they were looking for authors and they used their anthologies to mine for talent. Fast forward a couple of years and Jay and I were both in another anthology. Then, because apparently Jay can't stop writing, he's published a series, then he goes and starts another.

I've gotten to know Jay better in those ten years, as well as his family. They are great people. Before the great shutdown, we used to see each other several times a year. It was always fun catching up. If you attend this year's inaugural Writers Cantina convention, be sure catch any panel in which Jay in involved. It'll be well worth your time. You can access the convention's website by clicking: HERE, and find out more about Jay at the convention by clicking: HERE.

Jay Barnson...gentleman, author, all-around great author and even better person.

No comments:

Post a Comment