Monday, June 21, 2021

And I Would Drive 500 Miles...And I Would Drive 500 More


 The odometer registered a few ticks past 2100 miles. That's how many miles we put on the van between last Wednesday morning when we pulled out of the driveway at 4:15am and when we pulled into our driveway at 8:55pm this evening...

2100 miles...

In six days.

And we put the bulk of those miles--807 miles each way--in two days. We drove straight through Wednesday, and we drove straight home today.

I am, in a word, wiped out.

The last time we drove to California was in October, 2013. We decided to take a family trip before our oldest son went on his LDS mission. I remember stopping in Baker, California on the way home and I thought to myself that my son could be called to an area like Baker. A few weeks after we returned home from the vacation, my son opened his call and his mission included Baker, California. We had a good laugh over that.

On our vacation we visited family. We also took our daughter to a ballroom dance competition in Burbank. I'll be blogging about our adventures in the days--possibly weeks--to come. You'll probably get sick of hearing about it. But, it was a special trip that means a lot to us.

We're home now. We're beat. We're ready to hopefully get a good night's sleep. Today I drove 500 miles, and I almost drove 500 more. I'd do it all again tomorrow, if it meant being with family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment