Tuesday, June 1, 2021

Slapfish's Power Bowl...Not A Ton Of Seafood But Oh So Good


My wife and I found ourselves driving through our old town last week, and interestingly enough, we drove through around dinnertime. It would be at least an hour before we got home so we agreed we'd stop somewhere and pick up dinner.

But, where to go?

Slapfish.

You may or may not live near a Slapfish Restaurant, but if you do, you have access to some pretty good food. Normally, my wife and I would choose a double order of fish and chips. It was a cheap meal for the two of us. But, as the old adage goes, absence make the heart grow fonder, since we've been away from Slapfish for a while, I decided to spend a little extra and order something off the menu I never ordered before.

I got a Power Bowl...

But, without avocado.

The bowl came and it was huge...more food than I thought there'd be. What is in a Power Bowl? I found this from the restaurant's website:

POWER BOWL

Mixed-grill seafood, brown rice, crisp veggies, avocado, extra virgin olive oil

Yes, there was shrimp and salmon--I could have used more, but since I don't have access to the economics and market prices of seafood, I'm not sure if the amount we paid justified for more seafood or less. But, as a whole, it was very good...delicious, in fact. 

I think if we still lived close to a Slapfish, we'd probably get the double order of fish and chips. Such is life (and budgeting...). But, last week I tried something new. I'm glad I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment