Thursday, June 17, 2021

Well...This Is New


 I had just under a quarter tank of gas when I pulled into the station earlier today. I filled the tank and when the gas stopped, I glanced at the total. Usually, I never look at the total. I did today.

That was new.

Back when gas prices were sky-high, we never went anywhere, so the gas crunch didn't affect us much. Times have changed. We're now driving a lot more--the closest Smiths or Walmart is at least 20 minutes away. The local Costco is twice that far. And, because we live in a new area, we've been exploring. We've taken a lot of Sunday drives in the past nine months, more than we did in years.

We're like most when prices rise on things we use. We'll adjust the budget, see if we need to change our habits, see how we're going to incorporate the new costs. It's definitely a challenge, but we'll make it work. If needs be, we'll drive less and buy things for two weeks instead of one, thus cutting that driving in half.

 I suppose we're lucky. We'll get through this. I wonder, though. There are many who have to take more drastic measures if this continues. That'll be tough. 

Yes, having that price look back at me was new. But, with all things, the newness will wear off and it will become ordinary. Last time, the price went down...

I wonder if that will happen again.

No comments:

Post a Comment