Friday, June 4, 2021

Making Our Day...And Someone Else's Day...Better Only Cost Just Under Seven Bucks

A couple of months ago, I went to McDonalds near our house to pick up a quick breakfast. I pulled up to the first window and the employee said that my meal was free--the car in front of me paid my bill, so...free breakfast.

Score!

That was cool--that was fun...it made my day.

This afternoon my wife and I were headed out of town for supplies. We had skipped lunch so we decided to stop by McD's and we'd eat on the road. We pulled up and chose a lane. Turns out the lane we chose went faster than the other one (I really shouldn't pay attention to things like this, but I do...). I noticed a white car in the other lane. It was actually two cars ahead, but due to timing, we ended up ordering and getting in line before the white car.

We pulled up, paid for our lunch, then because I (sort of...) felt bad for getting ahead of the white car, I asked the employee how much the order was for the car behind us.

"$6.96," he said.

"Let me get that," I said and I handed him back our card.

We paid for both, picked up our food, and hit the road. Turns out, we drove in front of the restaurant and we could see the white car pull up to the first window. We saw the woman in the car see our van and she waved at us. We waved back.

As we got on the interstate we talked about what we had done. It felt good to do something random for a complete stranger. Turns out, the cost of making our--and someone else's day--better was $6.96.

No comments:

Post a Comment