Monday, July 4, 2022

Happy Independence Day...From The Top Of Utah


Years ago I lived in a foreign country. I lived there for two years. I celebrated the country's national holidays--all of them--twice. I felt it a privilege and honor to be in a country while its citizens came together to celebrate their heritage and traditions.

Today, in the United States of America, many did the same thing, we gathered, we dined, we talked, we shared each other's company. No, we're not a perfect country--far from it, but I love it. It's as part of me as my name.

When I lived away, the nation's flag was everywhere, especially when the men's national soccer team played--flags literally everywhere. I loved seeing it. I love seeing the American flag flying at homes, on license plates, even flying from the back of pick-up trucks.

I hope everyone celebrating our Independence Day enjoyed their day, enjoyed what is truly important. Happy Independence Day, from the Top of Utah!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment