Friday, July 1, 2022

Oh, Those Amazing Skies...


It's due to the lack of trees, really.

It seems my wife, mother-in-law, and I are always talking about the skies. One of the negatives of "The Great Move" that happened to us almost two years ago was the leaving behind our views. I looked at the same western skyline, off-and-on, for half a century. I was sure wherever we moved could never compare. For me, it would be a huge sacrifice, but considering all the other reasons for moving, it couldn't prevent us from taking action.

Then we moved.

Then, I was surprised--pleasantly surprised--at the views from the Top of Utah.

I've wondered why we love them so much and I've come to a conclusion--it's due to the lack of mature trees. Our neighborhood is new--half a decade ago none of these home existed. And, as evolution goes, first come the houses, then come the trees. We live where trees didn't already exist...in other parts of the world, houses come by removing trees. We do not have that problem.

It's funny...before our family and my mother-in-law left our previous homes, trees were actually reducing our amazing views. We kept seeing less and less of the skies. That issue will follow us here. And, as evolution goes, the trees planted here today will one day soar into those beautiful skies reducing the views even more.

But, for today, the skies are amazing...and we love them dearly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment