Monday, July 25, 2022

Of The Two...I Liked This Car Show More


 Last weekend I attended the second car show of the season. I'm not a car show person. Sure, I like them, but I don't go too far out of my way to attend. A great car show takes place in August in Kaysville, Utah. I particularly like that show because it's full of Volkswagens. 

I could look at old VWs all day long.

Last month I went to a large car show in Logan, Utah. I like it, but oh...it's so hot. Yes, there's some trees, but many of the cars are parked in unshaded areas. And there's almost too many cars to see. That's why I enjoyed the car show from last weekend so much.

In the video, you can clearly see this is not a big show. It's sort of a side attraction at the Tremonton Hay Days, the community's founder's day celebration. What I love about this very small show is you can see all the cars without walking a mile. If it gets too hot, you can find shade and rest (or just go home...). 

And, even though there's less than a tenth of the cars at the bigger show, you get to see beautiful cars. Sure, there's not the selection, but that's okay. I saw incredible cars from the 30s, 40s, 50s. And, I got to see my neighbor's cherry new Chevy Corvette. Stunning.

Yes, the show had its advantages. 

The only drawback...

No VWs this year.

Bummer.



No comments:

Post a Comment