Wednesday, July 13, 2022

Oh, We Tried It...We Were Left Wanting


 About a mile from our house is our local McDonald's, and because everything is farther away up here, we're glad it's so close. We don't eat there all the time, but it's a good back-up when we're trying to figure out what to eat for dinner and everything in the house sounds "just okay."

Because of where we live, latitudinal-wise on the globe, at this time of year, it's getting warm, and by warm I don't mean, "fry an egg on the sidewalk" warm, but warm enough for me to want to stay inside until September. You add needing to pick up a quick dinner and warm temperatures, when we pulled up to the Drive-Thru, and saw the ad for the New Frozen Coke...boy, did it sound good.

Turns out is was"just okay."

I think in my mind, I over-thought it. I thought it would be the ultimate way to cool down and find relief from the summer sun. I think I built it up in my mind to be so refreshing, I'd feel instantly better. We bought three, one for me, one for my wife, and one for our daughter. We bought them home and drank them with out dinners. 

Yes, they were frozen...like a 7-Eleven Slurpee. No, the cups were not as big as the famously large fountain drinks McDonald's usually serves (and cost more, too...). Those are negatives. And, the Coke was a little flat--don't know if the freezing process flattened the drink or not, but it dulled our buzz a bit.

No, the drink was not the savior from the heat as I had wished. Will I get another one? Maybe. I'll probably just get a medium Coke...more my style.

No comments:

Post a Comment