Monday, December 18, 2017

Christmas Presents From My Friend...Before And After He Got Married


My friend Steve stopped by my office today. He dropped off a Christmas present.

It's amazing what getting married can do for a guy.

I've blogged about Steve Before on this blog--several times, actually. We've been friends for about a decade. A few years ago he gave me a Christmas present--sixty packages of Swiss Miss Hot Chocolate. It's a good gift. I'm not quite through them all, but I do enjoy them from time to time, especially when it's cold in my cubicle (I've blogged about that a few times, too...).


Today he dropped off this year's present, and once again it was hot chocolate. Except something changed, something's different and it all has to do with him getting married. This year's gift is amazing. It's stylish, unique, special. Steve told me that when he told his new wife (they've been married about six months...) what he was planning on giving out to friends this Christmas, she was more than a little surprised not necessarily at what he was giving out, but how. She was shocked he would just give out packages of hot chocolate, like he did years ago.

So, she took the reigns and wen to town. The result is very cool, very hip, very not-Steve. I told him the two presents are kind of like he and his wife. When Steve was single, I got a box, like you'd find on a Costco shelf. Now that he's married, the presentation's much better--you know, kind of like when he and his wife walk into a room--the presentation's much better. Thanks, Steve, and Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment