Sunday, December 10, 2017

We're Invited To A Christmas Party...And Those Doing The Inviting Have No Idea Who We Are


The first e-mail came yesterday around 2:30 in the afternoon. We were being invited to a Taylor Family Christmas party. At first, I was glad. I mean, who doesn't like getting an invite to a party, especially a Christmas party surrounded by family, loved ones, and good food?

The only problem with this one is, I have no idea who these people are.

I don't know a Jamie or a Jason Taylor. I thought maybe it was one of my father's extended family--since he had eleven siblings, there might be a Jamie and/or Jason Taylor out there who are family and who might be inviting us to a get-together, a slight chance, but a chance nonetheless.

Next, I checked the other eight e-mail addresses to see if I recognized any of them. None looked familiar. It was obvious, they sent this invite to the wrong Taylors.


I thought it necessary to e-mail Jason back letting him know that they had made a mistake inviting us. I'd hate for them to think an invitation they they thought they'd sent was not delivered. So, I responded, thanking them, letting them know the food and fun sounded great, but unfortunately, their e-mail went to the wrong place.

I thought the whole thing was over. 

Until last night.

That's when the first of the response e-mails came in. It basically said they couldn't wait for the party. Today we got another response. This time Natalie will have out-of-town guest and may not be able to make it.

After I got the latest response, I did some investigating. I went on Facebook and after some investigating, I found Jamie and Jason. They live halfway across the country. The seem like nice people. It would be fun to show up at 1pm on Saturday, December 30th and crash their party. Technically, it wouldn't be crashing--we were invited, after all.

If I only knew where Jamie and Jason live...

No comments:

Post a Comment