Wednesday, December 6, 2017

That Sandwich Shop...What Once Was


Back in 2013 I worked on a computer program re-build team. Our building was downtown and the small group of us were pretty tight, sometimes going to lunch together. One day we had a meeting at a building on the west side of the city, out by the airport. After, we wondered where we could go to lunch. It was suggested we go to a small place out by the building called, That Sandwich Shop (you can read about my blog post on it: HERE...)

We stopped for lunch.

And I loved it!

Granted, I'm a sucker for a good sandwich and they delivered.


Fast forward four years and I found myself transferred to that same building where we had our meeting back in 2013. As far as places to eat, there's not a lot of options that don't involved driving. That doesn't really work for me because I usually take public transportation to get to work. I was excited about the small sandwich shop, though when I found out about the transfer. And it's one of the few places within walking distance.

Even though I went there before, I wasn't quite sure where the place was. I remember it was white and small and on the main street. After a few times looking for it, I finally noticed the building. It was That Sandwich Shop no more. 


It's closed. No more sandwiches from them.

Today I ventured out into the crisp December air and I walked by the old shop. Apparently a fire closed down the place, and if you know for sure why it closed and I'm wrong, I apologize. I wish I could have visited more, tried other items on the menu. But I suppose that's life. One day I'll no longer show up at my building and do my work. It will happen. The question I have is, will I wish I could have visited more? Time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment