Sunday, April 7, 2013

The Humble Little Sandwich Shop...


"You buying lunch today?" my co-worker asked, since I normally pack my lunch. "You bet," I said.


"Then we should go to The Sandwich Shop They make the best sandwiches."


"Downtown?" I asked.


"No, it's near the SLEC," (a call center between downtown and the airport). "We'll call and order ahead."


We loaded up the car and headed off. Several calls to The Sandwich Shop went unanswered, which peeved my co-worker. "Now we'll have to wait for like a half hour to get our sandwiches."


The place was, in a word: eclectic. Around the rim of the dining area were books, dartboards, movie posters (with a preference for "Return of the Jedi" selections...) and other interesting eye candy items. While others seemed to view the wait as an annoyance at best, I loved it. I'm glad I brought my camera.


We ordered Philly Cheese Steak sandwiches and they were huge. I could only eat half and saved the rest for later. Back at work, I got a text message: Best sandwich you've ever had?


I just might be, I replied.


No comments:

Post a Comment