Friday, April 19, 2013

Working, Over, Time...


A few weeks ago our project leader asked, "So, it looks like we're going to be needing to work overtime. Anyone have any problem with overtime?"

Of course, no one did. I was working four 10-hour shifts, Monday through Thursday. Having Fridays off was fantastic. I used to work five 8-hour shifts--did it for years. If I still worked five days a week, working a few extra hours a day wouldn't be that bad.

So now, I'm doing both, working extra hours and coming in on what was once my day off. Since I'm not a salaried employee, overtime translates to a larger paycheck. I'm NOT complaining about that.

In the same meeting where we were asked if we could commit to working more, we were also told this overtime thing might go on for a while...like for the next year and a half. Am I going to be able to put in all those hours for all that time? Time will tell...

No comments:

Post a Comment