Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Those Darn Acrylic Grapes...


Just over two years ago, about three months after I began this daily blog, I wrote an innocent little post about some interesting things I found while milling around in my basement. I titled it Basement Treasures. The link to this post can be found: HERE.


There were a couple of interesting photos included in that post. I'm especially proud of the picture of me playing the accordion circa 1978, or the signed photo I have of Myron Floren, the famous accordion player from the Lawrence Welk show.


But nothing has brought more attention to that blog post than the instructions on how to make acrylic grapes. You see, if you grew up in my culture during the 1960's and 1970's, there's a good chance you had a set of homemade acrylic grapes displayed prominently in your living room.


In the decades since, the secret of making such an amazing work of art was lost. Hidden in my basement I found the recipe and I want to share it with the world. So I hope you can click on these pictures and print them off for yourself. The world could use more acrylic grapes.

2 comments:

  1. This is GREAT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I indeed want to make them as I just can't find the PerFect set on line.

    ReplyDelete