Tuesday, June 20, 2023

And We End With The Cake...


 We've had a whirlwind week, which includes some incredible food. That happens when you put on a big party. When people get together, they enjoy the companionship, but also the food. And because much of the organization originated from our house, well...we had a ton of food before the party, and we brought back more food than our little family can possibly eat...

Especially, the sweets.

Oh...the sweets.

Tonight, we brought out wedding cake. It was delicious. The problem is, it all was delicious, the mini-cupcakes, the min-sweet rolls, the mini-cheesecakes, all of it. And I can't forget the Utah Truffles. Of course, there's a dark side to all this deliciousness...

And I'm not just talking about the chocolate.

Over the past year, I've tried to stay active. This past winter was not a good one for me. Why? Because we did so much shoveling this year that I felt like I was getting good workouts in, sometimes several times a week. I then would indulge in the sweets because I felt I was burning enough calories with the shoveling. Turns out, my math was wrong, so this spring, I tried cutting back.

I did pretty well, too. It kind of all fell apart this past weekend and every day since. I think I'm going to use the cake as a bookend to a wonderful week of partying, dancing, celebrating, communicating, and eating...

Especially the sweets.

No comments:

Post a Comment