Sunday, June 4, 2023

Give Thanks...Seeing The Potential


 Random tools. At first glance, they look simple, worn, even crude. I've used some of these tools in my years--not all. Like all tools, by themselves, they're useless, powerless, but in the right hands, their power is unlimited.

My friend posted this picture on social media. These are the tools of his trade. My friend makes violin bows. He is a master craftsman and these instruments help to create the instrument.

My family likes yard sales. Most weekend mornings (except Sundays...) we load up the car--dog included--and see what's out there. Even when we don't find anything, we have fun just seeing the items and talking to our neighbors. So many times we'll come across a home with boxes of stuff strewn across their lawn and driveway. If you were to take all the tools in this picture and put them in a box atop a table and put a price tag of $10 on it, most likely I would pass it by. If you told me that using those tools (and the materials, of course...), I could build a violin bow, I'd be shocked.

This is yet another example that with simple tools, beauty can be formed. I'm grateful that many are dedicated to creating the art, learning the skills necessary that makes a difference in others. Next time I see a box of what looks like just simple tools, I hope I see the potential, and not just the simple tools.

No comments:

Post a Comment