Tuesday, June 27, 2023

Not Getting The Picture...Sometimes You Just Can't


 I had a meeting this morning--an in-person meeting--which meant, I needed to drive. I absolutely love working at home, so attending a non-digital meeting every now and again is just fine. As I piloted Donk, the Japanese import, I spotted something flying in the southern sky. 

I wasn't close enough to identify which planes were flying (or how many since they were flying in tight formation...), but it looked cool. For a fleeting instant, I considered grabbing my phone and trying to get a picture, but I thought better of it. After all, I was zooming down I-15 at the posted speed limit (really...). 

I went to my meeting, came home and after work, chilled on Twitter when I spotted several photos of the very thing I saw while driving. It was the Utah Air Guard celebrating their 100 year anniversary. 

Very cool!

I've loved photography since my teens and because of digital photography, I take a lot of pictures...some may say too many, but, well...I live with the consequences of my decisions. Since I take a lot of pictures, sometimes I don't allow life to just happen. I feel I need to chronicle it, to preserve the moments instead of just enjoying the moments. This morning was one of those times. 

I wanted to show you what I--and apparently most of the Wasatch Front--saw this morning so I "borrowed" a photo from an excellent photographer who just happens to have the same name as me. I've been honored by several of my friends asking me if I took one of the many photographs he's had re-posted by many many people because his photographs are so amazing. I'd love to have his eye (and his equipment...) ;). You can check out his Twitter feed by clicking: HERE. I hope my borrowing is okay.

This morning, the moment didn't exist for me because I caught it with photos. It became part of me because I saw it and admired the beauty of these incredible machines and dedicated people who fly and maintain them. I need to remember that...

Especially while driving.

No comments:

Post a Comment