Tuesday, September 26, 2023

The Hotel Was Great...Just Can Never Sleep Well


I thought about something today. I've stayed in a hotel room three times in the past fifteen, twenty years. I don't stay in the rooms much, but there's something I know...

I can't get a good night's sleep in a hotel/motel room.

It just doesn't work for me.

The room was great. They put on us on the eighth floor and everything was new and shiny. The staff was great and the food (when I had breakfast...) was delicious. But sleeping, well...can't blame that on the hotel.

I think if I traveled for work and had to stay in hotels as part of the gig, I'd get used to sleeping in beds not my own. At least, I hope so, especially if I had to drive as part of the job. Because I needed rest for FanX, I was worried as I lay in bed in the middle of the night not being able to go back to sleep. Eventually, I did get some rest and was ready for three days of being on my feet.

Because I stayed in the room for more than one night, things did get better and I was able to sleep a little more each night. Like I said, I think if I did it more, things would improve, but because I don't see my lifestyle changing any time soon, I doubt that's going to happen.

I guess it's just one of those things for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment