Friday, September 1, 2023

Once In A Blue Moon...


 I've seen so many incredible photos of the super blue moon from earlier this week. We checked it out ourselves...definitely worth seeing. I snapped a photo or two, but my phone camera couldn't capture how amazing the moon looked. Oh well...I guess I'll have the memory with me.

Even though it's not the best picture, I do like it. If you focus on the house and driveway at the bottom of the photograph. When you have shadow in a picture taken at night and the only source of illumination comes from the moon, you can tell it's a bright moon. 

I know there are ways to get better shots of the moon, even with a phone camera. I could have dug out my Nikon and tripod and really tried catching the moment. But, I have enough experience with my Nikon and tripod that I know the pictures would have turned out pretty much the same as the one you see here, or even worse.

I saw a headline that mentioned this week's super blue moon. They said it was the last super blue moon until 1937...

That's a long time to wait.

So, I guess we'll have to just appreciate the beauty and awesomeness of what we saw this past week.

Once in a blue moon.

No comments:

Post a Comment