Monday, September 25, 2023

Marcanum X...The Dude Worked It At FanX


I have had the unique opportunity to book/see some of the most unusual acts available in our area at our local comics convention. I oversee the vendor floor stage acts at FanX and have done so for years. It's an honor and I love getting to know the performers and I will never tire of seeing the reactions from the crowds. 

It's so much fun,

This year, my responsibilities changed a little. Usually, I know, or have spoken to, every act before they take the stage. This time, there were some newbies. One in particular stood out to me...

Marcanum X.

I'd never heard of Marcanum X, and had he not performed on our stage, there's a good chance I never would. You see, Marcanum X is a hip-hop artist. I know as much about hip-hop as I do about the engineering it takes to reach the moon. Sure, I've heard a famous hip-hop artist name or two, mostly because they make the news (often not because of their music...). 

Marcanum X was our con's first hip-hop artist. When you're the first at anything, you're a trailblazer. I've seen it before, people in the seats not quite sure of what to make of this new act. I love our audiences--they are respectful and I believe, they recognize passion. Marcanum X definitely has passion.

He stood on our stage for almost an hour and sang song after song, all originals. I was at a disadvantage for several reasons. First, I don't know his music, either his specifically or the genre in general. Plus, I was sitting behind the speakers so I wasn't able to catch many of his lyrics. 

But I did see how hard the man worked. He rocked the stage, he didn't let up, and he sang his songs. Even though I'm not a fan, I can definitely appreciate that. If you want to know more about Marcanum X, you can learn more about him by clicking: HERE.

I don't know if he'll be back--it's sort of out of my control. But, if he does, I hope others get to see what I saw...a genuine performer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment