Saturday, September 23, 2023

Made A Goal...Reached It


 My wife texted me early in the week. She found a ton of food at the grocery store. The food was on sale and she bought it in preparation for this weekend. After seeing all she purchased, I made a goal, and I can now say, I reached it. The goal...?

To not spend a dime on food at this years comic convention.

Anyone who has gone to an event where thousands of people are basically held captive for several hours understands that food vendors have got it made. You've got so many people and deprive them of food for those hours, they get hungry, and when they're hungry, the cost of the food diminishes. The longer the wait, the more they can charge.

I'm not faulting the vendors. They're in it to make money. It costs a ton of money to bring the food to the masses. This year, because of the food my wife bought and some careful planning (and a fridge in the hotel room...), I reached my goal.

In the past, I've had other goals when it comes to FanX, Salt Lake City's comics convention. I usually make a goal not to buy any books, artwork, or other amazing things found at the convention. Lack of money usually allows me to keep those goals, but food is a different story.

Next year, with proper planning, it's possible I could replicate my year's goal. 

Time will tell, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment