Saturday, April 9, 2022

Looking For A Good Read? It's Easy...Check Out Immortal Works' Amazon Page


 Years ago a few of my writing friends announced they were starting a small press publishing company. I wished them nothing but success. I have experience with a small indie press. They believed in me so much they published three of my short stories. I can't adequately express how grateful I am to that company. Because of those shorts getting published, it opened the door to so many other things, panels at conventions, writing opportunities, and getting to know many many incredible people.

But, I was also a little leery. Most of the small indie presses I've known don't stick around very long. There's a good news/bad news aspect to this. The bad news when a small press goes under is that...well, it no longer exists. But the upside are that the stories, books--sometimes many books--get published. They exist and that can't be taken away.

The press my friends started is called Immortal Works. I've mentioned them many times on this blog because they published my first novel. I also worked with them as an acquisition editor for a time and I chose a story that's now part of their library. Today, the owner and founder of the company sent us a link to the publisher's Amazon page. You can access the site by clicking: HERE (my novel's on Page 3...). Not all of the books they've released are included yet on the Amazon site. This makes the accomplishment of the small press even more impressive. 

I scrolled through the books on the Amazon site, so many stories, so many dreams of new and established writers came true because someone took a chance on their talents and worked with them to create art.

Immortal Works...a small indie press. Still cranking out the books, still believing in the dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment