Wednesday, April 27, 2022

Now This Is A Store I'd Like To Visit...


 Funny how there's so many things we don't know about. Take, for instance, where does all that lost luggage from the airlines go? What happens if no one claims it?

The other day I found out where that luggage goes...it most likely ends up at the nation's only retailer of lost luggage. It's a store in Alabama and if I lived anywhere close, I'd be checking it out in person. You can access their website by clicking: HERE.

I think what intrigues me is the potential...imagine all the things people take with them when traveling. Now, they don't take everything they have..they only take the things they need. That's why it's so devastating when people's luggage is lost. They're up a creek without their luggage.

I heard about the lost luggage store on The Atlas Obscura podcast. That's not one to which I subscribe--I heard the episode on another podcast, but I'm glad I heard it. It talked about how this store came to be, how it started out as a contact for selling unclaimed baggage from one airline, the it grew and grew.

Just looking at all the stuff they sell. It's amazing. There's 49 laptops for sale, 202 books, 81 handbags, 29 pet products, and 131 infant/toddler shoes. And it goes on and on.

Even though I think that kind of a store would be amazing, it makes me sad. All that stuff once belonged to someone and then it didn't. I don't know all the steps something has to go through to end up at the store, or all the steps a person failed to do to have all their stuff at the store. Personally, I've never lost any luggage while traveling...the lack of traveling helps with the odds. But, I've had things stolen out of my car and it sucks. Thinking somehow those things they stole could end up on a store somewhere that anyone could then buy...well, it would make me a little mad.

Still...the draw of seeing what's in the store might make me overcome that feeling. Looks like I'm not the only one.

No comments:

Post a Comment