Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Never Knew About The National Monument To Our Forefathers Before...


 There's a family that used to live in the neighborhood (and up here, "neighborhood" means several miles away...). They moved away last month. It's too bad...we don't know that many families here. Hopefully, that will change.

My wife helped them move, which was a nice thing to do. In return, she was given a statue. They have a 3D printer and they like to make things with their 3D printer. One of the things they made was the statue they gave to my wife.

The National Monument to Our Forefathers.

I'd never heard of it.

Granted, I don't travel much. I've never been to Massachusetts. I've never been to New England. The closest I ever got was a lay-over at LaGuardia on my way home from my mission. That was in 1987. Thing is, if I ever went to Boston or Maine, checking out The National Monument to our Forefathers would not have been on my list of "things to do."

However, after receiving this little statue, I'd love to go to Plymouth and check it out. Looking at pictures of the monument, it feels like something that was built by aliens, by people who lived so much differently than us, by people who cared about this country...loved this country. On the statue are carved the words: Faith, Law, Education, Liberty, Morality. There are other words carved into the statue--according to the many websites dedicated to the monument--but those are the only ones I can see on my 3D-printed version.

Yes, it would be fun to see this thing in person, see a visual representation of a philosophy, of a way people looked at life. At least I have the statue.

No comments:

Post a Comment