Friday, April 29, 2022

Well...I Thought I knew What The Problem Was


 There was a time when I used to be able to fix home appliances when they broke down. Last week, we deep-cleaned the big bedroom and when we finished, the brush no longer spun.

Bummer.

Back in the day, most of the time this happened was because a rubber ring slid off its tracks and all I had to do was put everything back together, plug in the vacuum, and voilá--things fixed. Housework continued. Everyone happy.

After I cleaned the brush, I looked for a way to get the thing started again. There was no obvious fix, so I did the next best thing...I did an internet search. The sites I briefly accessed talked about the wires becoming worn and disconnected to the motor that drove the brush. That all seemed a bit complicated for me. I'm used to simple fixed for simple things.

In the videos, they were able to disassemble the vacuum and troubleshoot the problem. Looks like the vacuum people have wised up since those videos were made because I can't take apart the unit without a special tool--one I don't have. 

Sneaky vacuum people.

I'm guessing those sneaky people want me to take my vacuum to a professional so they can fix it. I have no idea how much it costs to have a vacuumed fixed. I'll bet, with some of the units being on sale, I could probably buy a new vacuum for the same cost as getting mine repaired, which makes the vacuums...in a way...disposable. That's too bad because most likely, I could have fixed it and saved me some money, and the world from having to provide yet another vacuum.

No comments:

Post a Comment