Wednesday, November 8, 2023

Cache Valley...A Little Crowded Piece Of Heaven


 Last week we drove over to Cache Valley. We ended up in the middle of the valley, surrounded by mountains. It's not as populated in the area between Logan and Sardine Canyon...

But, that's changing.

I lived in Cache Valley for four months back in the fall of 1984. I attended one quarter of school at Utah State University. I was continuing a family tradition, my dad attended USU, as did my bother, my uncle, and several friends. I've always considered myself to be an Aggie fan, even though I wasn't a "True Aggie."

When I lived there, in a small apartment just west of Old Main, I didn't concern myself with over population or traffic, probably because it wasn't an issue back then. Thinking back, the only time I even thought about traffic was driving on Main Street and cursing whomever timed the traffic lights. The frustrating part wasn't too many cars, but trying to time the lights so you could drive straight through without stopping.

Fast forward almost four decades. The cities in the valley have exploded. In Nibly, where my son is helping build a house, I stood in a field, a field that's been used for farming for generations. Sure, it's only going to be a dozen or so houses in this development, but you multiply that by dozens of similar projects and before you know it, houses and businesses will line the valley floor until there's no where else to build. 

I've seen it before...in Davis County where they're literally running out of buildable land. It's happening in Cache Valley, and when that fills up they'll go west...

Where we live.

Can't be stopped.

Cache Valley is a true natural beauty. It's why people love living there and want their children to live there, too. I'm not saying more people destroys the beauty because people are beautiful themselves and they bring that beauty with them. I'm  am saying that Cache Valley is a place where more and more will get to experience that beauty first-hand.

And if they're okay with traffic, then there's no problem.



No comments:

Post a Comment