Wednesday, November 1, 2023

Didn't Get The Shot I Wanted...Got Another One Instead


 Yesterday afternoon I was busy getting things ready for the little trick-or-treaters. I had to prepare our Candy Cannon, set up chairs in the garage, check to make sure we had enough candy...you know, basic pre-Halloween activities.

That's when I looked east, into the open field next to our house.

That's when I saw a great shot.

My problem--I didn't have my good camera with the telephoto lens.

I actually considered getting it--running into the house, running out into the field for the shot. Unfortunately, thing got in the way and after throwing myself into new activities, I forgot all about the horse and the field and the mountains in the background.

It's a darn shame.

I think it could have been an amazing photo.

Tonight, I wondered if creative lightning could strike twice. The horse was in the field, but not in the same spot looking northward, up the slightly rising slope. I thought I'd see what I could get. I walked out and snapped a few pictures...close, but not great horse shot. If it wasn't Halloween last night, maybe I could have grabbed my camera, trodded out to the field and gotten the show my mind imagined was possible. It might not have worked out.

I'd like to think I would.

No comments:

Post a Comment