Thursday, November 9, 2023

So...About That Extra Hour Of Sleep


 Why?

Or better asked, how?

How can I never catch a break on that "hour of sleep" thing?

It's a mystery...

One that grows with each passing year.

Back in the day, Daylight Savings changes never affected me. I would use that extra hour of sleep in the fall and deal with the stolen hour in the spring. No big deal. Now, I look forward to the fall when we get an extra hour of sleep. The problem is, I can't remember the last time I actually took advantage of that extra hour of sleep. I keep waiting up early. 

It's even hard for me to sleep in on my days off.

Such is life.

It's easy to complain about how it gets so dark so early...that seems to hit everyone hard, but for me, it's the sleep thing. This past change was true to form. I woke up and glanced at the clock...6:24am, and because I had not yet adjusted the clock, it was really 5:24am. Bummer. Another year, another lost opportunity. And it wouldn't be such a big deal, but it's such a comfort the day before when you know there'll be a gift--the gift of time--the next morning.

I wonder if I'll ever be able to take advantage of that hour.

Here's to trying next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment