Wednesday, November 15, 2023

Want To Feel Good...? Give Siegfried Und Joy A Chance


 Did a little Instagram surfing the other day and I came across a site. If you're familiar with Instagram, they inundate you with ads in the form of "follow recommendations." Rarely do I take the bait and check them out. I saw a site with videos of two men throwing up a sheet, holding it in place (while shaking it for effect...), then throwing the sheet aside to reveal a big surprise. It looked cheesy, and, in all honesty, it was cheesy.

I decided to click on the video and after a few moments, I was hooked.

I hit "follow" and I'm glad I did.

It's a hoot!

The site is: Siegfried & Joy and you can find their Instagram account by clicking: HERE. The men's main shtick is to hold up a sheet, shake it, then reveal what's behind the sheet to the amazement of others. Their twist on the classic reveal surprise is that they're as corny as possible. They barely try to hid themselves, and when assembling groups out of now where or vanishing existing groups into thin air, they don't even attempt to keep us from seeing "how it's done," as if that small sheet conceals the obvious from our eyes.

Just watching two over-performing men do their act is one thing (and it's a great thing...), but, part of the genius of their site is they include videos where others attempt to do their own versions of the act. The people performing the act love doing it, the spectators watching the act cheer and clap, and those of us watching the videos have a better day because of it.

I almost passed on the duo, almost moved on and scrolled down.

I'm glad I didn't. They've made me smile many times.

No comments:

Post a Comment