Sunday, November 5, 2023

Give Thanks...For Beautiful Skies.

I'm constantly amazed at beautiful skies. 

And, since the move three years ago, it seems we're offered a daily feast.

I know it's all about perspective.

Before the move, I bemoaned the fact we would be leaving our cottage on the hill. I loved living there because of the sunsets. There was a time when we had views of Antelope Island and Farmington Bay surrounding it (back when water completely surrounded the island...). I was in awe of the incredible beauty as the sun set behind the western mountains.

I was convinced no place--or very few--offered such vistas.

I was proved wrong.

I admit, our sunsets here cannot match those of our Farmington home...just not possible. However, because we live in the middle of a valley, in between mountain ranges, we see the entire sky, from the east to the west, and to the south. I've given up sunsets for beautiful skies the rest of the day. I now marvel at the clouds, the clear blues and brilliant whites, of a myriad of birds canvasing the air above. Just heavenly. 

Each time I look upward, I wonder if I appreciated the skies where we used to live. Were they as colorful, as beautiful, as spectacular? Did I just ignore what was before my eyes? There's no going back, of course, but if I could, I'd check the skies to see how they looked.

I'm thankful for the beauty of the skies. I'm thankful to be able to appreciate it. I'm thankful for the almost daily show.

No comments:

Post a Comment