Tuesday, February 6, 2024

A New Game Store In Town...Cards Of Ruin


 When you relocate to a smaller community, there are things you do without. Oh, we can get in our car and drive an hour to where we used to live and be back in the world where things are close and all those things you "miss" are within reach.

Ah, those were the days.

While surfing social media the other day, I found a new business opening in our little town. It's a game store, something I feel will be appreciated and hopefully allowed to grow. 

Funny thing about wishing things existed...sometimes you get your wish.

Before we moved, we lived in the thick of the state's most populated area. There were several game stores within a fifteen-twenty minute drive of our house. And these were big stores, stocked with the latest games, rows of tables for gaming, and so many miniatures...amazing stores. I lived close to them for years...

And I never went.

They were close and had everything and I didn't go. Sure, I can claim poverty as a reason, but even though I applaud these businesses and am glad they're there, I just don't spend a lot of money at them. So, when I found a new store in our town, I was thrilled. It is not big, nor is it stocked with the latest game. It's brand new and they're taking their business baby-steps. I want them to succeed to badly. I just hope there are more patrons willing to spend than those who don't. 

The store is Cards of Ruin. There's another Cards of Ruin in Hyrum in the valley to the east. Yes, it's a new store. Let's hope it will eventually lose the "new" and just become the store that's been there for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment