Sunday, February 11, 2024

Give Thanks...For Opportunities


 Friday, my wife and I were returning home from a trip to the big city of Logan, Utah. It's a half hour drive, more or less. Many times on the drive, we'll listen to podcasts, or the audio of YouTube videos. On Friday, we were listening to a woman who discussed side hustles.

Fascinating.

It really was. She listed several things--some we'd thought about, and others that were new (not "new" as in never before considered, but not by us...). As we drove home, we discussed on the viability of some of the suggestions. One of them sounded promising...

Refinishing furniture.

Now, it's possible some of those reading this have done namely that--refinished furniture, and if so, you might be thinking that we're daft even considering it. That's entirely possible, but my mother-in-law refinished furniture for years and it hasn't had any lasting problems for her (that we know about, anyway...). 

Yesterday, I was chilling, checking out Facebook Marketplace and what do I see? Free furniture.

That's right...free.

The ad even said it would be a great project to refinish. And to top things off, the sellers (are they sellers if they are giving it away...?) were only a few miles from us. We drove the van over, folded down the 2nd and 3rd row of seats and loaded up the van. 

I have no idea if the plan will work. We may find that this one reasonably simple project will turn us off the refinishing bug forever. Time will tell. I'm thankful that we heard the suggestion. I'm thankful that I saw the ad. I'm thankful we were able to pick it up, and I'm thankful we're trying something new.

I'll keep you posted on how we do.

No comments:

Post a Comment