Saturday, February 24, 2024

Well...It Was Fun While It Lasted


I am a soccer fan, not a fanatic from which the word is derived, but I do like the game and I like watching the game. Last year Apple TV+ bought the rights to all Major League Soccer (MLS...) games. I remember a year ago looking at my phone wondering if it would be worth it to shell out the $$ to sign up for the season.

I knew I wasn't going to do it. It's hard to justify the cost. I'm a fan, but not that much of a fan. 

I was okay with the decision. Even when the MLS games were on broadcast TV and cable, I didn't watch them all the time. I knew I could live without the games. Then, something happened. Our phone carrier decided to give its subscribers the MLS season pass...

For free!

That's something I definitely support.

Maybe because it was free, I didn't take full advantage. I tried watching most of the Real Salt Lake games and I'd occasionally catch a game or two when RSL wasn't playing. I'm glad I had access to the games. It was fun.

Someone somewhere decided not to continue the perk. Yesterday was the last time I had access. As I write this, RSL is playing St Louis. My team may win, or they may lose (or tie...). The funny thing is, the outcome of the game is not based on whether or not I watch.

Good thing.

In the past six months, my watching habits have changed drastically. And that's a good thing. I should be doing other things with my time. I know that. Let's find out what those things are...

Shall we?

No comments:

Post a Comment