Monday, February 26, 2024

I Have No Idea Who Made This...But I'm Sure There's A Story Behind It


 I admit, when I first saw the thing I laughed. It was, in a word, ridiculous. I've seen many apparatuses (or is it apparati...?) mounted on platforms, but I had to take a double-take when I spotted the red tricycle at our local thrift store.

It was one of a kind.

My wife spotted it, too. It was hard to miss, honestly. We even chatted about it after we left. I tried to make a joke, but my wife brought up the prospect that maybe someone built the thing for a special purpose...

Like, for a handicapped child.

That changed my perspective completely.

Then, the funny looking amalgamation of metal, plastic, and rubber became something else.

I did a quick internet search to see if this was mass-produced or a one-off. No matter what I entered into the search engine, I couldn't find anything that came even close to this thing. That, in and of itself, is unusual. It deepened the mystery.

When thrifting, you come across many strange things, things you may not quite understand. This piece is a prime example. There's got to be a story behind it...I just wonder what that story is...

I'll probably never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment