Thursday, February 1, 2024

How Much Is A Cookbook Worth Anyway...?


 I've blogged about this particular book before. The other day I needed a subject for my daily picture and I spotted our trusty Danish Cook Book, a book we picked up almost twenty-five years ago in Solvang, California. As far as the picture goes, I liked how the book fit onto the countertop and the colors are great. If the picture had a fault, it's my two stocking feet that I tried to not get in the shot, but ended up in it anyway.

I took the picture and posted it to the digital universe. 

You never know the reactions you're going to get.

Sometimes, the pictures garner a lot of attention. Other times, at least from the comments, they're "meh" which is okay. I'm not trying to wow and dazzle with each daily photo. If it happens, all the better.

I did get an interesting comment on this picture. A friend and fellow Danish missionary commented about the cost of this book. I hardly noticed that there's a price sticker on our copy. The cost in 1999...

$4.99

If you've seen the book, it's not much of a book. It's more like a pamphlet. I'm thinking five bucks for this particular book is reasonable. My friend commented on my post and added a link to an Amazon page featuring the same book. You can access the page by clicking: HERE. The kicker? The book on Amazon costs $45.

$45

It's been twenty-five years. It shocked me that there was such an increase. Plus, the copy on Amazon appears to be in worse shape than ours (no water damage for us...). Seeing something like that always makes me ask, "Should we sell our copy?" I think we'll be keeping it.

Unless someone ups the offer by a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment